Monday, February 13, 2012

Changing Our Ratings Here at ShipWater

So hey, I admit that I'm no expert when it comes to beer ratings. You know what though... that's okay, because practice makes perfect and I do enjoy the practice. So, since I'm no expert I'm going to leverage some knowledge from those who are for future ratings. The American Homebrewers Association have an excellent rating sheet that they make available to you on their website. Going forward, this sheet will be the basis for all of the ratings with one exception. Extra credit will be awarded for the most important question that I believe applys to the beer... Will I buy it again?

So, if you don't know already... here is the ratings we will use.
Smell: ___ / 12
Look: ___ / 3
Taste: ___ / 20
Feel: ___ / 5
Overall: ___ / 10
Buy Again: ___ / 0 (No - 0, Maybe - 1, Yes - 2)

Once we rate the beer in each category, we will give the score as a percentage and list it in the labels for the post. We hope that our new scoring, which aligns more with similar scorings you'll find on the web, makes your experience here that much more enjoyable and helpful. And hey, if not... At least we're all drinking beer!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment