Friday, May 11, 2012

Brooklyn Lager Review

So I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've waited until now to try Brooklyn's lager beer. Wow, I cannot believe what I've been missing. The beer is excellent and will definitely become a regular in the ShipWater beer fridge.

Smell (12/12)- Absolutely the most amazing scent from a lager. Your nostrils are filled with honey which lingers long after you pull the glass from you nose.

Look (2/3) - Speaking of honey, the beer looks like transparent honey with a white thin head.

Taste (17/20) - There is a lot of reviews commenting on the abundance of hops, but I don't pick that up. The sweet earthy malt is present and balanced nicely by the bitterness of the hops. Midway through that honey makes an appearance again and finishes slightly salty... again To comment on another review, I read someone to refer to the salty taste as pickle like. This just shows the complexity of the beer.

Feel (3/5) - The beer is very drinkable and not over powerful. It leaves a slight dryness on the back of the tongue.

Overall (9/10) - Garrett and gang have done an excellent job here with this one. A very complex lager indeed.

Buy again (2/0) - Of course!!!

Total 45/50 = 90%

I think I'm going to have another. Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment