Thursday, February 17, 2011

DFH 90 Min Imperial IPA Review


Tonight we're #gettngslizzerd on Dogfish Head's 90 min Imperial IPA. This is a very complex and flavorful IPA that pours a bright glowing amber color and leaves a nice lacing head. The smell leaves you wondering about the taste. You know it is an IPA, but the malt balances well against the aroma hops. The flavor is bursting with citrus that you'd expect from an IPA but with a sweet malty goodness. The feel is quite smooth but leaves a dry aftertaste.

I'm worried that I'm not ranking the beer high enough. For quite some time this was my favorite IPA, but then I had Thomas Creek Brewery's Up the Creek and that flat out changed my perception of this beer style forever. All IPA's are measured against this... Had I not had an Up the Creek before, this one would rank much higher.



Coming in with an ABV of 9%
Overall Grade: 82.50 / 100
Look: A-
Smell: B-
Taste: B-
Feel: B-
Buy Again? Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment