Monday, February 21, 2011

Red Brick Brewing's Laughing Skull Review


This is a beer near and dear to my heart as it was my first introduction into the craft brew world. In the late 90's, this beer existed as a Bohemian Style Pilsner brewed by the Atlanta Brewing Company (since rebranded Red Brick Brewing) for the Vortex restaurant in Little 5 Points. When I was a student at Georgia Tech, ABC was located right across the interstate and was known for not carding visitors on a tour. I'd never tasted small brewery craft beers before I took the first of many tours and I was soon blown away by all the different flavors. Of all the beers I sampled, Laughing Skull always was the most memorable... was it the taste or the funky looking label... I'll never know.

Laughing Skull was reintroduced to the world in late 2009 as an amber ale that pours bright with a medium head. The scent of the beer is minimal. It is a very crisp and refreshing taste with only a mild hop bite in the beginning. As for the mouth feel, it is a highly drinkable thin beer with little carbonation. This is a wonderful alternative to big brand beers for those hot summer days.

Overall 82.75 / 100
Look: B
Smell: C
Taste: B+
Feel: C+
Buy Again? Yes

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment